The new XMapsy V3 – connect your flightsimulator FSX / P3D / Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 ( MSFS2020 ) and X-Plane (10/11) with a lot of electronic flight bag or aviation – software on IOS and Android devices – now with ADS-B / GDL90 support – see AI traffic in your EFB app!
News: 22.12.2020 Version V3.1.5 released
Use XMapsy now also with Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 !!
MSFS 2020 users: please select SIMCONNECT as preferred technology in XMapsy-Settings. XMapsy V3 owners should download latest version (V 3.1.x) from their Simmarket account – You don’t have to buy the software again.
Notes about IOS 14 :
I have successfully tested the following with IOS14.2: Airmate, CloudAhoy, ForeFlight, AvPlanEFB, OZRunways, WingX Pro, AirNavigation Pro, iFly GPS, Garmin Pilot, FlyQ EFB, FltPlan Go, SkyDemon, Sky-Map, SkyDemon, Stratus Insight and with a workaround (see XMApsy Support-Page) also EasyVFR 3 and EasyVFR 4.
However, under iOS 14, some users still have problems with some EFB apps. So please try it out with your equipment, I can only share my experiences here.!
If you previously purchased XMAPSY V2 at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 5.95 incl. VAT (5.00 excl. VAT) only!
This helpful tool sends data of the own simulator aircraft and AI traffic information over your local network to various EFB solutions.
In addition to the XPlane message format, the new version V3 now also includes an ADS-B simulation using the GDL90 format.
XMapsy runs in the background and does not influence your simulator configuration. Once launched, it will only be visible as an icon in the tray and automatically connect to the FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020 or X-Plane.
FSUIPC or SimConnect can be used to connect to the flight simulator. If you prefer FSUIPC then make sure that the appropriate version of FSUIPC for your simulator is installed (free version).
You can get it from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.
X-Plane users must install XUIPC (download from http://www.schiratti.com/xpuipc.html) and set the connection via FSUIPC in the XMapsy settings.
Real pilots can now use their flight apps on the flight simulator.
But even simulator pilots can use a variety of professional aviation apps for moving maps, flight planning, synthetic vision or weather.
XMapsy is successfully tested on iPad/iPhone and Android (if available on Android) devices with the following products:
- Garmin Pilot
- WingX Pro
- AvPlan EFB
- PocketFMS EasyVFR
- Stratus Insight
- FltPlan Go
- Air Navigation Pro (* only IOS-Version at the moment)
- iFly GPS
(All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.)
You can test the tool in a fully functional version (see the download-section) with no time restrictions. Only the flight areas are limited to a wide area around EDDC (Dresden – Germany), NZAA (Auckland – New Zealand), KLAS (Las Vegas – United States) and YPAD (Adelaide – Australia).
Please test before buy !
If you like it, you can buy XMapsy V3 at simmarket.com.
V3 Version History:
17.12.2020 New in Version 3.1.5:
– Optimizations in GDL90 mode
– Prevents jumping to position 0,0 when the flight is terminated
– solving some network-issues
– Fixed issues when using AirNavigation Pro
28.11.2020 New in Version 3.1.4:
– Some bugfixes and improvements
02.10.2020 New in Version 3.1.3:
– some bugfixes and improvement of the compatibility with AirNavigation Pro and Garmin Pilot (Android version)
01.09.2020 New in Version 3.1.2:
– Added Support for „Air Navigation Pro“-APP and other APPs that use the native XPlane-RPOS-protocol
– An Expert-Mode allows You to use GDL90-format and X-Plane/Simulator-format at the same time
17.08.2020 New in Version 3.1.1:
– Resolved groundspeed-bug when you use simconnect
13.04.2020 New in Version 3.1.0:
– You can now choose from two technologies to connect to the flight simulator: FSUIPC or SimConnect can be used.
So if you do not want to use FSUIPC or it is not yet available, you can use SimConnect.
01.02.2020: New in Version 3.0.2:
– You can now change the broadcast address in the settings
– Special logic for using SkyDemon in GDL90 mode has been implemented. Disconnections with SkyDemon are significantly minimized and gaps in your track recording are prevented.
– Fixed some minor bugs.
03.12.2019: New in Version 3.01:
– resolved problem above FL300
– optimized option „use calculated heading“ for Garmin Pilot Users
14.09.2019: Final release.