In case of Trouble:
- Read documentation 😉
- XMapsy must be installed on the same computer where the FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020 or X-Plane is running.
- Check if the correct version of FSUIPC is installed if you want to use FSUIPC.
- Check your firewall, UDP-ports 49002 and 4000 must be open in your local network ( additionally ports 49000/49001 and 49707 if you use AVPlan EFB or Air Navigation Pro).
- Check the settings in your EFB software. The Input must be set to simulation at Port 49002/ ADS_B/GDL90 at port 4000.
- If you use VPN services, there may be problems with the connection from the PC to the mobile device. Disable VPN services if you have connection problems. The PC on which the flight simulator is running must be in the same subnet as the tablet or phone.
- MSFS 2020 – Multiplayer planes are not displayed in the EFB app:
At the moment this is not supported by MSFS2020. XMapsy only has access to AI or multiplayer – traffic, which is also displayed in the VFR map by the flightsimulator. In FSX and in P3D, XMapsy can also display multiplayer aircraft. But I hope that this function will also be available for the Michrosoft Flightsimulator in near time.
- Disable the internal GPS of your mobile device.
- Uncheck „use calculated heading“.
- Try to use a different connection technology (you can select FSUIP or SimConnect in the XMapsy settings)
- Change the frequency with which the data is sent in the settings [send AHRS Data every xxx milliseconds] . When you are using Synthetic Vision, 200 milliseconds is a good value, but for some apps this data rate is too fast. In this case, choose a higher value or increase the multiplier.
- Never launch different EFB apps on your tablet at the same time, which can cause problems in communication with the flight simulator.
- Sometimes there are problems (special behavior of WIN 10) if you have multiple network Adapters (including virtual ones) on your simulator PC. Then the broadcast data will not sent to all network adapters. In this case please change the default broadcast address in XMapsy-settings to the Broadcast address of your prefered subnet. For example, if your tablet with the EFB software has the IP address 192.168.1.30, the correct subnet mask is 192.168.1.255.
- If you use SkyDemon in GDL90 mode, remember to activate the option „use SkyDemon mode“ in the XMapsy settings
- Garmin Pilot users with IOS-Devices: It is no longer possible to send the data via the broadcast address. So you have to enter the IP address of the iPad in the XMapsy settings (as it is displayed in the Garmin Pilot settings).
- In the case of problems, always check whether your EFB app has been updated.
- If you get an error message like this when installing the registered version:“Setup was unable to create the directory“ C: \ ProgramFiles \ xmapsy v3.1 „, then please run the SimMarket installer as administrator.
- X-Plane users must install XUIPC (download from http://www.schiratti.com/xpuipc.html) and set the connection via fsuipc in the XMapsy setting.
- Notes about IOS 14: I have successfully tested the following with IOS14.2: Airmate, CloudAhoy, ForeFlight, AvPlanEFB, OZRunways, WingX Pro, AirNavigation Pro, iFly GPS, Garmin Pilot, FlyQ EFB, FltPlan Go, SkyDemon, Sky-Map, SkyDemon, Stratus Insight and with a workaround also EasyVFR 3 and EasyVFR 4.
- However, under iOS 14, some users still have problems with some EFB apps. So please try it out with your equipment, I can only share my experiences here.!
- If nothing helps, please create a log file and send it to email@example.com.
In case of problems or suggestions please contact the support: firstname.lastname@example.org